Last week, Dwight Howard publicly shared his unrest about his franchise, Orlando Magic in the NBA Players Association. He said that he feels like Magic has ‘blackmailed’ him by making him sign the clause of ‘opt-in’. He also said that Magic has broken many promises they made to him while getting him signed. Following this turbulence, he met with the Magic general manager in Los Angeles on Friday, regarding his demand of trading him to the Brooklyn Nets.
After failing in all the measures to mitigate this fiasco, the Magic franchise has come down to its knees to seriously consider the demand of its superstar. The major reason behind this decision is to avoid the legal action that the player might take upon them, the sources said. As a result the franchise is speculating the offers to entertain the players’ wishes. The Magic also made an official announcement on Saturday that they’ll discuss trade offers for Howard.
However, the decision has to be made quickly because Brooklyn Nets is already busy in creating embellishing deals for players like O.J. Mayo, Luis Scola and Joe Johnson so as to provide support to their star Deron Williams. As Williams is choosing to opt between the Nets and Dallas it has become the need of the hour for the Nets to provide him with a lucrative offer and talented team-mates. Sources suggest that with time running out, patience of William to wait for Howard is also jading. So, he is soon going to make a decision about accepting the $100 million contract proposal of the Nets without waiting for Howard. So taking all these factors into account the Magic and Howard both need to come to an agreement very soon.
Nonetheless, one’s loss is other man’s gain in this world. Hence, Orlando Magic is surely going to loss its megastar, who has been associated with it since 2004.
Topics: NBA | Comments Off
Comments are closed.